Hey Xbox users! We have a new Xbox Update preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead episode. It’s important to note that some of the updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure build quality and stability for Xbox consoles.
We keep posting these release notes, even when noticeable changes to the user interface are minimal, so you know when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System update details:
Table of Contents
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2308ZN \ 25398.1714.230809-2200
- available: 2 PM PST – Aug 11, 2023
- Is mandatory: 3 AM PST – Aug 12, 2023
Repairs have been implemented
Thanks to the hard work of our Xbox engineers, we’re excited to announce that we’ve implemented the following fixes for this release:
My games and apps
- Fixes to address unexpected errors when starting, installing, or updating some titles after canceling the update or installation for the same title.
- Various updates to correctly reflect local languages across the console.
- NB: Users participating in the preview may see “individual” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider release notes. These items are not ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We’ve received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- NB: If you are experiencing audio issues, please submit feedback by reporting a problem immediately using the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option, then select the category “Console Experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues”.
- Make sure to include as much information as possible:
- When did the problem start?
- Lost only the sound in the game/app or the system sound too?
- Does changing the audio format solve the problem? If yes, what is the before and after look like?
- Does restarting solve the problem?
- What does your setup include? equipment, planning, etc.
- and any additional information you can provide to reproduce the problem.
- We are investigating reports of Directory not responding to some users.
- NB: If you encounter this, be sure to give feedback and report a problem as soon as possible. Please include as much information as possible about the steps you took to reproduce the problem.
Keyboard button mapping for Xbox controllers
- In the Xbox Accessories app, the Learn More button is not currently working.
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after you quit the app or restart your console.
My games and apps
- Titles in the collection may appear incorrectly with a “trial” tag.
Interactive voice reporting
- This feature is currently limited to English in the US, Canada, UK, AU, New Zealand and IE regions.
Make sure to use Report a problem To let us know about your problem. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we will collect is essential to find a solution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please contact us subreddit community. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are here to help you resolve your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please see the latest posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you as best we can! Don’t forget to use Report a Problem before posting – the information shared in both places helps us better understand your issue.
Thanks to all the Xbox Insiders in today’s subreddit. We love that it has become a friendly, community-oriented hub for conversation and support.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider release notes for more information on the Xbox Update Preview episode!